Vision and Beliefs
Our School Vision – Inspiring Growth
At Coolbinia Primary School our staff work hard to inspire student growth in the academic, physical, artistic and social domains. Our school has a strong focus on providing students with the knowledge, skills and values to create sustainable living – healthy world, healthy body and healthy mind.
Indicators of high success
We believe children learn best when:
- they are in a safe, caring and positive environment at school and at home
- a range of meaningful and relevant learning, teaching and assessment strategies are used to cater for their developmental needs
- individual differences are recognised, valued and built upon
- the environment is rich, offering a variety of resources
- the teacher is highly motivated, skilled and enthusiastic.
1. When students are in a safe, caring and positive environment at school and at home the following indicators are present:
- a willingness to have a go
- engagement in learning
- a desire to assist others
- acceptance of, and respect for, diversity.
2. A range of meaningful and relevant learning, teaching and assessment strategies are used to cater for students’ developmental needs, such as:
- explicit teaching
- educative, valid, explicit, fair and comprehensive assessment practices
- acknowledgement of individual strengths
- incorporation of high-level thinking strategies
- goal setting and self assessment practices
- differentiated curriculum
- open-ended, exploratory and motivating activities
- timely and helpful feedback
- clearly communicated expectations.
3. Individual differences are recognised, valued and built upon by ensuring:
- activities are child-centred
- individual differences are acknowledged and catered for
- diversity is celebrated
- mutual respect is required
- flexibility is promoted
- active parent involvement is encouraged
- cultural and spiritual beliefs are respected.
4. The classroom environment is enriched by:
- the availability of extensive resources to support the learning program
- the sourcing and utilisation of staff and community member expertise
- the provision of current technology to enhance learning outcomes
- student engagement in real-life activities and global issues
- a focus on learning experiences that promote sustainable living.
5. Qualities of our highly motivated, skilled and enthusiastic teachers:
- highly organised
- experienced in catering for individual needs
- approachable and friendly
- warm and caring
- knowledgeable about current research in education
- involved in the school community
- embracing of a collaborative approach.