Coolbinia PS is continuing to invest in an annual school subscription to a Coding website called Grok Learning for 2020.
About Grok Learning
Grok (verb): to understand intuitively or by empathy.
Grok Learning is a team of educators and software engineers who want to make coding fun for everyone. They are passionate about teaching the next generation the skills they need to become the creators of tomorrow.
A solid computer science understanding is vital whether you want to fight climate change, make the next blockbuster movie or unlock the secrets of the universe. The Grok courses and competitions will continue to bring programming into Coolbinia PS with varying skill levels.
The new curriculum requires all students from Years 3-8 to learn coding as part of the Digital Technologies curriculum. In order to be effective, students must adapt to a new way of thinking.
Our students can access the Grok Learning resources both during Digital Technology lesson time and at home to develop practical computational thinking skills.
Instructions for students to login
1) Visit https://groklearning.com/login/
2) Enter student email (supplied by Mr Wilson in Digital Technology lesson)
3) Press Log in via WA Department of Education tab
4) Enter student username and password on the Department of Education Sign In Page. These are the same sign in details that the students use to log into devices at school.
5) Teacher assigned modules and activities can be accessed.
If you have any questions about Grok Learning then don’t hesitate to contact Mr Ian Wilson, Coolbinia PS’ Digital Technology and ICT Specialist for Years 1 – 6.