PARENTS WILL LEARN
- An overview of how a well-honed theory of parenting (what you need to repeatedly do) can assist parents to manage children’s worries.
- Coverage of how some misguided policies are making parents and children more anxious.
- The brain, including how the pre-frontal middle cortex and the amygdala operate, and where fear and anxiety originates.
- Commonly misused phrases and cognitive distortions used by children and their peers.
- A helicopter view of what risks we can allow and which require us to keep children safe.
- ‘Traps and trip wires’: what to do when a child’s amygdala starts to play-up.
- Memorable strengthening sayings, questioning strategies and mindfulness exercises.